Monday, March 5, 2012

31 Days of Prayer for you Husband

31 Days of Prayer for your Husband


When I started this blog I intended to use it to talk about my day to day occurrences in the classroom, but I have found over time that I find myself not really wanting to relive the day in the classroom once I have survived it. Therefore, I have decided to change my blog into information about my life in general, not just the classroom.

Today I came across another friend's blog who had started doing this 31 days of prayer for her husband. It really touched my heart and I decided to jump on board as well. The day that I am on will not coincide with the day of the month, but I did not want to delay starting this. 

I often find myself struggling to maintain the prayer life I wish to have. I want to communicate better and more often with my Lord and Savior. I need to learn to put more of my afflictions in his hands and that is something that can only come through prayer with God. When I saw this post on my friends blog I was reminded how important it is that we not only pray, but that we pray for our spouse as well. The devil is constantly trying to find ways to destroy the beautiful things God has made and our marriages fall in that category. Prayer for one another protects us with the strength of the Lord against Satan's advances on our relationship. So, here is the Day 1 Prayer. 

Day 1 

Pray that your husband will grow spiritually and consider his accountability before the Lord. Pray that he will guard his heart by developing spiritual disciplines - Bible reading and study, prayer, meditation, and scripture memorization, etc.

2 Pet. 3:18 - "Rather you must grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All glory to him, both now and forever! Amen."

Proverbs 4:23 - "Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life." 

No comments:

Post a Comment